In regards to autowatch - what does QuickCreateIssue actually do?

Tobias December 5, 2019

Using QuickCreateIssue (simply pressing c on my keyboard) and filling in the desired issue details I seem to be unable to get Jira to add me as a watcher, even tho I've got my profile settings adhering to the global config - and the global config says to automatically watch.

Is QuickCreateIssue even supposed to add me as a watcher or am I missing something?
(I can manually add myself as a watcher by clicking the "Start watching issue"-link but I'd much prefer if this happened automatically as the global setting implies)

Jira (server) v8.5

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

Hi @Tobias ,

I just tested this out on a test 8.5.1 installation, and the quick create option is adding in the watcher option in my tests, so something else must be going on.  I would recomend checking the javascript console output during the action to see if there are any errors and trying an incognito browser incase there is a browser extension causing the issue.

One possibility though, are you by chance creating the issue in a Jira Service Desk project?  As the service desk projects are designed to have external customers create the issue through the portal rather than the agent create via the standard create dialogue, and when doing so the auto watch function does not get applied as the intended reporter is the  external customer that is not intended to get any jira native notifications apposed to the the agent that is supposed to get these notifications but service desk bases the notifications off assignee or manually watching the issue. 

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer