In "On demand JIRA" we can't filter the custom fields using "More" search option.

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013
Hi All, I have faced the new issue with "On demand JIRA", below is my scenario 1. I can filter issues in "Issue Navigator" using JQL query 2. But i can't set the filter issue in "Issue Navigator" using "More" search option a. I have two custom fields T1 [id-10001] and T2 [id-10002] b. When i type the custom field T1 in "More" search option it shows the below message "T1 is not applicable for the current project and/or issue type" Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2013

I have been able to replicate this issue. It only occurs when you have defined a project and/or issue type which does not have the custom field configured to it through the field configuration scheme. Assuming you have assigned the Custom Field to a specific scheme, which in turn is used by a project, you will notice you can both search and select the custom field in question when you leave all other options empty. As soon as you define a project or issuetype to which the Custom Field has not been configured, you will receive the error as you have described.

Adelle Grigor February 24, 2014

Thank you so much this helped me. We have schemas for different types of projects. so we have fields that don't apply globally but we actually need them for half our user base - and they are all struggling to complete the filters (alot of gui addicts rather than JQL users). You have saved my bacon! Thanks Mick!

ulitkus September 24, 2019

And don't forget to select your issue type(s) explicitly in JQL or basic filter. Couldn't get it to work until I did it, even with assigned field configuration scheme.

Like,

project = MyProject AND issueType = Bug

Instead of just

project = MyProject

0 votes
JB December 17, 2014

I have the very same problem but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to fix it (even with Mick Nassette's explanations).

Could someone be super cool by giving me the exact steps I need to go through to make it work?

Thanks!!

Suggest an answer