In "On demand JIRA" we can't filter the custom fields using "More" search option.

Hi All, I have faced the new issue with "On demand JIRA", below is my scenario 1. I can filter issues in "Issue Navigator" using JQL query 2. But i can't set the filter issue in "Issue Navigator" using "More" search option a. I have two custom fields T1 [id-10001] and T2 [id-10002] b. When i type the custom field T1 in "More" search option it shows the below message "T1 is not applicable for the current project and/or issue type" Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

I have been able to replicate this issue. It only occurs when you have defined a project and/or issue type which does not have the custom field configured to it through the field configuration scheme. Assuming you have assigned the Custom Field to a specific scheme, which in turn is used by a project, you will notice you can both search and select the custom field in question when you leave all other options empty. As soon as you define a project or issuetype to which the Custom Field has not been configured, you will receive the error as you have described.

Thank you so much this helped me. We have schemas for different types of projects. so we have fields that don't apply globally but we actually need them for half our user base - and they are all struggling to complete the filters (alot of gui addicts rather than JQL users). You have saved my bacon! Thanks Mick!

I have the very same problem but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to fix it (even with Mick Nassette's explanations).

Could someone be super cool by giving me the exact steps I need to go through to make it work?

Thanks!!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

1,095 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you