In "On demand JIRA" i can't delete or migrate one step to another in workflow.

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2013

Hi All

I have a workflow "Test Workflow-1" with following steps in the project "Test"

1. Open

2. Closed - resolution set as "Implemented"

3. Dropped

4. Resolved

The "Test" project have 100 issues ( open -25 , closed -25 , dropped - 25, resolved -25 )

After some time my company suggested to change the all droppend (25) issues to closed with the resolusion of "Implemented".

Which way i can achieve this scenario?

I am used the below scenario

1. Created new workflow "Test workflow-2" it have open, closed and resolved steps only.

When i migrate the workflow to "Test workflow-2" from "Test workflow-1" in project "Test", still the "Dropped" status issues are present.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2013

What exactly is it you want to achieve, do you want to put all current issues with status dropped in status closed? Or, do you want to put all current issues with status dropped in status closed, AND remove the status dropped from the workflow all together? In either case, first start by writing a JQL which will result in all issues within that project in status dropped, for instance "project = x AND status = dropped"
The results of this query can be bulk transitioned through the "Bulk Edit" option towards the top right of the issue navigator. This way you can change their status from dropped to closed all at once. Depending on your needs, you can decide to use the workflow without the dropped status all together.

Suggest an answer