In order to create a Jira plugin, is it possible to do it with a jsp insted of a vm file?

Héctor González October 27, 2013

Hey guys,

I'm trying to develop a jira plugin that will use a form to get some data. The thing is that I have always used jsp files to access the servlet data, but reading questions I saw that adding a jsp to a plugin is not possible (it doesn't work), I read that if you want to create a view as a jsp would do, you'll have to use a velocity template.

Is this true??

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Thank you Bhushan!!...I'm going to take a look at it and see what I find there.

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2013

Hector,

Also refer to https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Webwork+Actions

The document states "However, jsp files cannot currently be bundled in the plugin jar file and have to be installed in a separate step when deploying such a plugin."

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2013

And you can also take a look at www.jiradev.com. Raise a request if you are looking for a particular tutorial.

0 votes

Thank you so much for this help you provided me...it was quite useful!!

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2013

Hi Hector,

Please vote up or mark it answered if it helped you :)

Thank you

Bhushan

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2013

Hey Hector,

Take a look at the samples available at https://bitbucket.org/mdoar/webwork-sample

Thank you

Bhushan

Suggest an answer