In one jira instance can different projects have different workflows for bugs, epic and story?

Vaishail August 11, 2015

Hello,

We have 1 JIRA instance. 

I have 3 projects and all these 3 projects want to have different workflow for bug.

The difference would be in following:

1) State names would be different. eg. Project 1,2 and 3 – would have 

2) Different transitions would be added for each projects.

We want this for bugs, epic and userstories.

Can we have above mentioned functionality in the 1 JIRA instance?

If so, how can we do that?

Could you pl. provide a pointer?

Very much appreciate your help.

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2015
Vaishail August 12, 2015

Thanks. and the key is to create new status and not to modify name of already existing status. Thanks for pointer and key. It worked.

0 votes
Vaishail August 12, 2015

Hi Nic,

It worked. !!!!

I created new status  with the name I wanted and used that. I was modifying names of existing status and hence it was not working.

I deleted the old or already existing status.

Now my Project A with old schema and Project B with new schema and new status — both are working fine.

Thanks a ton!!!!!

0 votes
Vaishail August 11, 2015

Hi  Nic – thanks for pointer.

We had done this before.  Created a separate scheme for project and then I modified the scheme.

However, it did not work.   We had following problem:

1) When I change the names of the states in  project1 in Scheme A – it affected project 2  in  scheme B.

Is is possible to have different name for the state in different scheme?

Any pointers?

Are we missing anything?

Neeta Dubey August 11, 2015

Please ensure that each project uses different workflow. If two projects are using same workflow it will affect both the projects.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2015

I suspect your workflow changes have worked, you've just misunderstood what a status is. Status are shared objects, so changing the name of a status will affect all the workflows that use it. If you want to use different names of status in different workflows, you need to use separate status.

Vaishail August 12, 2015

Hello...Nita and Nic So here is what we have done. Copied scheme of Project A to Project B Copied workflows of Project A to Project B So now Project B has its own scheme and workflows. I changed the status of a state "In SQA " to " In Test" and this change affected every single workflow of all the projects. Also, Project A has added "Sprint Name" as mandatory field. We did not want to have it has mandatory but still that is now working for us. Anything special we need to while copying a scheme of 1 project to another and also 1 workflow to another. Seems like we are missing something. thanks, - Vaishali

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2015

You've not read my last response. I don't know how else to explain it. You need separate *status*

Suggest an answer