In my issue links I have a clone I want to delete which has been linked. If I trash the clone fron the link section wilit be deleted permanently?

Darren Roberts January 20, 2016

In my issue links I have a clone I want to delete which has been linked.  If I trash the clone fron the link section wilit be deleted permanently?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2016

If you delete the link (from either issue), just the link is removed.

If you delete one of the issues, the link between them will also be deleted (as a link has to have two ends)

In both cases, it's permanent - delete means delete and if you want it back, you have to go digging through backups.

Rachel Newis January 22, 2020

Someone on the team created a clone of the original board to have as a separate setup for a new client but the issues cloned as well and when the issues were deleted in the clone board the originals also deleted.  

So you are saying that if you remove the link in the original and the cloned issues it will be ok then delete the cloned one without deleting the original one?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

A board is not a container for issues, it is a view of a selection of them.  When the board was cloned, the selection was cloned, not the issues.

Your team member deleted the issue, so it went from both boards, because there was only one actual issue being displayed

The issue links have nothing to do with deletion of issues.  If you delete one end of a linked issue pair, then that issue and the link will go, but the issue at the other end of the link will not be deleted.

Suggest an answer