In my filter I want to eliminate closed and completed issue:

John Pfotzer June 9, 2016

Here is my filter: (project = ABC AND issuetype = "QA Release" AND (resolved >= startOfWeek() OR resolved is EMPTY)) OR (project = DEF AND issuetype = "QA Release" AND (resolved >= startOfWeek() OR resolved is EMPTY)) OR (project = GHI AND issuetype = "QA DNS Request" AND (resolved >= startOfWeek() OR resolved is EMPTY)) ORDER BY key ASC, Rank ASC

I want to not show issues that are closed or completed. How do I add this?

Thanks

John

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

I think you have a lot duplication in your JQL, that makes it harder to figure out.

How about: (Project in (ABD, DEF) AND issuetype = "QA Release") OR (Project = GHI AND issuetype = "QA DNS Request") AND (resolved >= startOfWeek() OR resolved is EMPTY)) AND status not in (Closed, Completed) ORDER BY key ASC, Rank ASC

(Project in (ABC, DEF) AND issuetype = "QA Release") OR (Project = "GHIJ KLMNO" AND issuetype = "QA DNS Request") AND (resolved >= startOfWeek() OR resolved is EMPTY)) AND status not in (Closed, Completed) ORDER BY key ASC, Rank ASC

I get this error: Error in the JQL Query: Expecting either 'OR' or 'AND' but got ')'. (line 1, character 167)

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2016

I think there's an extra ) after "resolved is empty" that should be removed. Copy-paste error on my part.

(Project in (ABC, DEF) AND issuetype = "QA Release") OR (Project = "GHIJ KLMNO" AND issuetype = "QA DNS Request") AND (resolved >= startOfWeek() OR resolved is EMPTY) AND status not in (Closed, Completed) ORDER BY key ASC, Rank ASC

Nicholas:  NAILED IT!! You made me look good. (doesn't take much) smile

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016

You're welcome smile  I learned a lot from people here when I started. It's just fair I try and help out.

agree, I read these everyday and I try to do the same where I can.

Suggest an answer