In jira +xray is there a provision where i can order my tests in execution ?

Rishi_Randhir July 13, 2018

hi,

I have an execution with 10 tests , but these tests should be run in a specific order 

when i add these tests to the execution the order changes , i can do it manually but its a problem every time , is there a way i can  order these tests so when i add them in execution they are in same order?

thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Renato Laus March 30, 2020

Hi @José Domingues [Xray] 

not sure I am checking the right topic, but we're importing test cases from Testrail to X-Ray and after importing I am doing a bulk edit and assigning certain TCs to previously created Test Sets. Unfortunately the test cases assigned this way are all in random order and there is no simple 'Sort by key' option. The only way is manually dragging upwards and downwards each single TC. This is fine when there are 10-20 TCs but not when there are 200+. 

We are using X-Ray 3.6.1 on Jira Server. 

0 votes
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 19, 2018

Hi Rishi,

When you add Tests to the Test Execution, they will be added to the "end" of the current list. If you import the Tests from an existing Test Set, they will be added taking into account the original rank they have in the Test Set.

After Tests are added, you can easily re-rank them, by dragging them in the Test Execution issue screen.

If you face any issues, please don't hesitate to contact our support team: https://jira.xpand-addons.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2 

Best regards,

Xray Team

adam.cane April 4, 2019

@José Domingues [Xray]  is there any other way to order them? Order my key for example in ascending or descending? If a test execution is quite large you don't really want to drag many around. Thanks!

José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 9, 2019

Hi Adam,

You will have that with the version we're currently finishing (v3.4) that should be out this month. It will allow you to rank the Tests by any custom field associated with the Tests.

Best regards,

Xray Team

Like # people like this
adam.cane May 9, 2019

Sounds great @José Domingues [Xray] , do you know if that will include simple asc + desc options by issue key? For example when importing from CSV the last test case on the CSV is displayed FIRST after import so would be nice to quickly switch the order back to descending. This wouldn't specifically be a new 'custom' field, just order by current properties as such.

Cheers!

José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
May 13, 2019

Hi Adam,

Yes, it will, including ascending/descending sorting options and by issue key.

Best regards,

Xray Team

Like adam.cane likes this
adam.cane May 13, 2019

Hi @José Domingues [Xray]  thanks for the information, off topic but we are waiting on a response for ticket number SUPPORT-12929 from XRAY support, are you able to help at all with this?

Thanks

José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
May 14, 2019

Hi Adam, our support team is looking into it :) 

Best regards,

Xray Team

Like adam.cane likes this
adam.cane May 14, 2019

Many Thanks @José Domingues [Xray]  :)

Like José Domingues [Xray] likes this
Johannes Fürtler March 11, 2020

How is it possible to export the same ordering of Test Cases in a Test Execution as executed by making use of Xporter?

Suggest an answer