In advanced issue search page, not able to view Subtask type issues with Sprint as filter criteria

Sarang Shivadeker June 30, 2022

In advanced issue search filter, if I choose Type = Sub-task and Sprint = <my sprint say Sprint X>, system does not show subtasks associated to that sprint. I choose the sprint using dropdown of suggested values. This is happening since last few days. Earlier subtasks are showing up in the search results. If I go to stories associated with Sprint X, they show all the subtasks. Also, those subtasks are visible in board page. I am using Jira Cloud with Team managed project. Also, if I remove the Sprint filter and add hirarchyLevel=-1, it shows all the subtasks. Looks like there is some issue with Sprint association with subtasks that are created after June/28. I use advanced search to get list of subtasks on regular basis and need help in resolving this issue.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2022

Hi Sarang,

It sounds like you are unable to search JQL to find the issues you would expect here.  There is a known limitation of this behavior in team managed projects over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18398

In team-managed projects, it appears that subtask issue types are not storing the sprint values in the same manner.  Sorry there does not appear to be a work-around for this behavior just yet.  I would recommend watching that bug ticket for updates to this problem.

Andy

0 votes
Sarang Shivadeker July 18, 2022

I managed achieve the required search capability using automation. I did following;

1. Added a custom text field to Sub-task issue type

2. Added automation rules to populate the text field with parent story sprint name when subtask is created or when parent sprint changes (this is to handle story drage drop action)

3. Use the new custom field in search filter

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events