In Portfolio 2.6 does is now support cross plan dependencies for programs?

wally.martschenko October 2, 2017

Given the new feature in 2.6 to view a whole portfolio of plans, Can or does portfolio support dependencies across plans now? This is critical given the fact that there is a 5000 issue limit in a single plan.

2 answers

0 votes
Jason Golden
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

To add to this, I set up a Program (Space Program)that contained two Plans (Inner Planets and Outer Planets), each connected to two boards (see screenshot, Mercury and Venus, Jupiter and Saturn). Indeed, there's no way to set or view Dependencies in a Program. This includes the Dependency report.

It's also worth noting: you can only drill down to the Epic level in a Program, so the dependencies would have to be at the Epic level or higher in your hierarchy. If you were expecting/hoping to see Story-level dependencies (just like in the individual Plans), you would not be able to see that or set those in a Program. Something to consider when voting for the issue above.

-Jason Golden
Denver AUG Leader

ProgramNoDependencies.png

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2017

Hi Wally,

I checked on this and if you're talking about the dependency report, it only works within a plan.  At this time I would vote on JPOSERVER-1218 and add your use case to the comments.

This will notify you when a change is made to the ticket including updates and a fix version.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer