In Jira service desk , Making custom field required based on if priority is blocker or critical

KRC October 26, 2017

Hi 

I do have a requirement to make a condition so that customfield_14173 should be required if priority is set to a blocker or critical in service desk form. Am new to scripting, am not sure where to use the script and what to script. Any help us much appreciated.

I tried this in field behavior on the custom filed to be set to required

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField

def vp = getFieldById("customfield_14173")
def priority = getFieldByName("customfield_priority")

if(priority.getValue()==("Blocker") || ("Critical"))
{
vp.setRequired()=true
}

Any help , will this behaviour work in service desk?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2017

KRC, did you try with an custom script validator on the create transition?

KRC October 27, 2017

No, Will the same code be used there? 

KRC October 27, 2017

If i use the same code in custom script validator it through java.lang errors and method errors.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2017

No, behaviours are written in a different language than things internal to Jira.  They use javascript, conditions and other internals need to be done in Groovy or Java.

At a glance though, it's only the set-required that won't work. For a validator, you'd simply return "true" if the entry is ok, and "false" with an error message when it's not.

KRC October 30, 2017

Thank you. Will look into it

Suggest an answer