In Jira, based on a custom field value, would like display users in other field

saba November 2, 2014

Ex: if i have a custom field named "Department" (with value Dept 1, Dept 2) and one more custom field named "Users" (with values User 1, User 2, User 3, User 4).

When i select "Dept 1" in "Department" custom field, then "Users" custom field should display User 1 and User 2

When i select "Dept 2" in "Department" custom field, then "Users" custom field should display User 3 and User 4

4 answers

0 votes
Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2018

@saba - Can you share the solution or idea for this question? I have a similar requirement wherein user is selected in custom field 1 .. And based on that selection, the custom field 2, present in linked issues, should show users from departments of custom field 1.

saba October 23, 2018

@Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA] thanks for the reply, I have posted that question about 4 years back. Now I am not working actively as a Jira admin, Per my knowledge, we didn't fix this issue. I think there should be a solution for this now a days (may be via a plugin).

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2014

I do not think the JIRA's default user picker will work for you unless you can predetermine the departments based upon the where you are in the workflow.  The groups or project roles need to be predefined.

I believe you might be able to use kepler-romininfo user picker though. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.usergrouppicker-pro

If your JIRA version is before 6.3 there is a free version.

Script runner might work as well

0 votes
saba November 3, 2014

User has to choose the names.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2014

Is the end result just a display of user names or does the user choose user names?

Suggest an answer