In Jira, are emails sent using the Share button tracked in the Jira ticket history?

JamesM February 24, 2014

In Jira, are emails sent using the Share button tracked in the Jira ticket history?

3 answers

1 vote
Sebastian Schöne September 22, 2015

Hi Jim,

I have a similar usage of sharing issues and I use a free plugin which track each share action. Additionally you can grant a share view to non users (of your JIRA). Maybe this free plugin would be a nice solution for your request?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/aptis.plugins.shareYourJira

Hint: It grant a dynamcially view, so there is no need to refresh active shares smile

0 votes
Sampath April 26, 2020

Sir, I would like to know, whether share button , can we use it for mobile? 

Like if any help, were user unable to trace it, at that time, user can reachable only through mobile...so in this scenario, can we user share button and sent any information or Knowledge base Link via share? please advise

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2014

No. If you want tracking you should use mentions ("@henning") in comments.

JamesM March 12, 2014

How does that work? Entries in the Comments field are already tracked in the ticket. How does using mentions as you illustrated function differently?

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

The mentioned user gets an email that he/she was mentioned in a comment, even if the user is not assignee, reporter or watcher. So, it's the comment that is tracked, as you wrote, but through mentioning a user you can trigger an additional email to this user.

JamesM March 12, 2014

Does the user have to have a Jira account, or can you mention an external email address?

If a Jira account is required would an example of this look like this: Blah blah blah "@jmedina' blah blah blah. Can the mention block appear anywhere in the comment?

If external emails allowed, does how would that look?

JamesM March 12, 2014

Henning - I figured it out: can only email users with Jira accounts; system prompts for user after typing the @ sign.

Thanks for your help.

Suggest an answer