In JSD how can I set the reporter as approver of the work done on the ticket?

Robert Lagus May 10, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring JIRA Service Desk approvals

Pretty simple thing really, I want my customer to be able to approve or decline the work on the work we have done for his or her request and with a decision transition the request either back or forward in the workflow.

My problem is that I can't find the Reporter/Customer in the "Get approvers from". 

Please let me know how this is done.

3 answers

1 vote
Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2016

Try using the copy field post function that is available from JIRA Suite Utilities ( a free plugin - that is a must-have.)

On the post-function, copy the reporter to the Approver field. 

0 votes
Michael Brown [Ascend] October 6, 2017

Try using JIRA Misc. Workflow Extensions app, works in both Cloud and Server.

In the Post-Function of the Transition you'd like to update, add a "Copy value from field to field" Function. You can choose to copy the value found in "Reporter" to Approvals. 

Please note though, the Approvals field can be strict with regards to the values that get copied into it. 

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2016

This is not yet possible - please watch and vote for the following recent suggestion from the JSD team to increase their priority for this use case:

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2016

@Robert Lagus - sorry for the additional blurb in my initial answer (since deleted), please just ignore it: it had still been in my clipboard ring when I pasted the issue key and I didn't notice that I accidentally pasted it under the fold.

Robert Lagus May 11, 2016

No worries, I voted!
It's very strange since you are clearly advertising this possibility here in tip #3 

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2016

Good point, didn't realize that (am only a JSD user myself) - presumably they are expecting the reporter himself or a service desk agent to manually add the reporter as an approver for the time being.

Suggest an answer