In JIRA Service Desk can we configure "Add People" to behave as a Browse Users field?

Valerie Boudreau March 11, 2016

Why can we only add people by email address for Add People to JSD tickets, and not like all other user fields where we start typing a name and we see a list of people? 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2016

Have you considered just changing the Project's Request Security to the desired level? Also as Nic mentions... You're not addressing Atlassian with an Answers question. This is a community effort.

image2016-3-13 11:50:35.png

Valerie Boudreau March 13, 2016

This works for us Steven. I was wrong; there is a setting to enable this. 

Thank you

Valerie Boudreau March 13, 2016

I edited my question in the event it's helpful to anyone else. (and to hide that I was w r o n g)

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2016

No worries. The Service Desk team is improving the product very very quickly, the UI for this has changed somewhat recently during the transition in JIRA 7. It's a little more appropriately placed in the Project Administration now.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2016

I'd suggest you raise this as a new feature over at https://jira.atlassian.com  - Atlassian are active here, but they don't necessarily respond to anything directly.  Hopefully, you'll get a response from someone on the Service Desk team, but to guarantee some form of response, it's worth raising as a proper request.

Suggest an answer