In JIRA Issue view - don't need Development or Agile sections - can I get rid of them

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

Some or our JIRA projects aren't about development.  Yet I have window space taken up with sections I don't need.  "Development" with a create branch link and "Agile" with a view on board link.  Can I configure this project to not show those sections and recapture the window space?

Related, there is a Drag and Drop section that I would just as soon drop too.  I can use the pulldown in More to attach files.

I appreciate any suggestions.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2014

Hi,

I found currently there is no way to disable the Development Panel for a specific project (for which I created a suggestion you can see at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40062. Please feel free to vote on it and keep following its progress directly in it. For more information on how Atlassian implements new features and improvements please see the following document: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy).

I found, however, a workaround for this that I believe will do what you are looking for:

1. Go to Administration > Issues > Permission Schemes.
  2. Copy the scheme used by your project.
  3. Click in Permissions for this scheme and delete all users, groups and roles for the View Development Tools permission.
  4. Go to Administration > Projects, click in the name of the project, and go to Permissions.
  5. Click in the button Actions and select Use a different scheme.
  6. Select the scheme you just created and click in Associate. Now your project will be using a similar scheme as it was using before, expect it won't hava permissions related to the Development Panel, so it won't be visible.

As per Agile I think it is also not possible to disable it for a specific project. I found another suggestion related to this you can see at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31379. It is closed as "Won't fix" with an explanation in the comments, but please feel free to comment on it.

As per the Drag and Drop section, could you please provide an screenshot clarifying further what you are intended to do with this section?

Regards,
Gustavo Refosco

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2014

Thank you!

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2014

Let me ask the question differently. Is it possible to change the layout of the detailed issue page to one column? Such that Agile and Dates and Drag Drop aren't in the right hand column? I'd like to only do this for a handful of projects however. Thanks.

Suggest an answer