In JIRA 6.3, how can I have Microsoft Active Directory Authentication enabled and configured to allow external users to change their own passwords?

JIRA_Notifications January 30, 2015

We want to use MS Active Directory authentication in JIRA 6.3 and I have configured it to use "read only," but when I logon to JIRA with my AD account and go into my profile, there is no option to change my password.  How can I have MS AD auth directory enabled so our internal JIRA users can use their AD accounts to logon AND so our external clients, who don't have internal access to our network, can logon to JIRA via our public website and change their own password when we send them a password expiring notification?  I'm guessing we need to enable an SSL connection between our JIRA instance and our domain controller, but what else is necessary?

Thank you, in advance, for any help you can provide.

Dave

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2015

You just need to switch from read only to read write mode. However, this seems like a bad idea. This would mean that updating their group memberships would also get pushed to your AD server. Essentially it would allow any JIRA admin to also be an AD admin.

Suggest an answer