In Issue quick creation calling global validation file instead of TCE_Hl_Issue_Create_validation in JIRA 5.2.10

rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

Hi,

I am using JIRA 5.2.10 version, the JSS (Jira Scripting Suite) plugin version is 2.1.3 and "Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Quick Edit Plugin" version is 1.0.54.

Here the problem is when i tried to quick issue create 'Buil Request' issu type, it is showing the error:

File "/data/jira-data/jss/jython/sys/edit_validator.py", line 16, in <module>

projectObj = issue.getProjectObject()

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getProjectObject'

The above edit_validator.py file need to call before issue edit only, But here it is calling in issue creation.
If we take the issue create in separete window it is working as expected(Calling create-validation), but in quick issue create it is first calling edit_validator then.
Please help me. Do i need to modify anything and please let me know what the exact problem is?
Thanks & Regards,
Patina

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2013

Befor JIRA 5.2.10, the JSS can call the create scripts in issue creation. But now it is first calling edit scripts before issue creation. So we need to modify the create scripts compatible to this changes.

2 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

It is the problem with the JSS plugin. When we installed JSS 2.0.0, the problem has been rectified.

Thanks you,

Patina

Suggest an answer