In Custom fileds drop down option none defaults --How do I delete the same

NAVEEN KUMAR C October 15, 2017

In  Custom fileds drop down option none  value defaults --How do I delete the same .

Along with the other options added in drop down none value appears. I am not getting option to delete this value.  

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

If you delete "none", your users will have no intuitive way to say "this field should have no entry", which will lead to random poor or stupid data being entered.  Removing the "none" option is not a good idea.

Make the field mandatory, then your users will have to enter something.  Think about giving it a default value too

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

There will always be a none option unless the field has a default option and is required.

NAVEEN KUMAR C October 16, 2017

OK . I want delete that none value in the drop down.  I do want to any one choose value none from drop down. So guide me to  delete the none value  from drop down.

Suggest an answer