In Confluence or JIRA, how do I get a report/filter of linked pages/issues?

SSchoepel September 15, 2014

What am I missing that in Confuence I cannot get a report that shows the confluence pages and the issues linked to them (I can see them in the little "button bubble" at the top of each page) OR that I cannot get a JIRA filter with a column that shows the pages that are linked to that issue?

We set up a JIRA workflow to track review/approval of Confluence pages that we are using to write requirements and design specifications. We open a JIRA issue linked to that page. Other development tasks 'spawn' issues off those pages to create the product. I need to show the traceability between the pages and the JIRA issues. I don't care which tool can do it, I just need to do it.

We are in the OnDemand/Cloud version of the products, so the plugins that do these things are not available. Does anyone know how to do it in the Cloud without resorting to huge customizations?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

Doesn't seem possible from the JIRA side. Not for OnDemand at least: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/144513

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] was right on the money with his comment in this Question you found yesterday: 

Think you'd need to write a calculated custom field with a renderer/template that fetched the url into an iframe.

SSchoepel September 16, 2014

And if you look at that question thread, you will see I also stumbled up on it and asked if anyone had figured out how to do it. I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if someone already has the information to make it work. Additionally, I wonder if I can even make that happen in OnDemand/Cloud. Thank you.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

I know, that's why I said "that you found yesterday". No, you cannot do this in OnDemand because Script runner addon is necessary for calculated custom fields, and installing this isn't available on OnDemand. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

SSchoepel September 16, 2014

Oops, sorry, didn't catch that. Thank you for the help. It seems we need more features that we get with OnDemand. Regards, Sigrid

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2014

No worries Sigrid, I was trying to be clear but I wasn't enough. If there's anything more I can answer you know where to find me.

Suggest an answer