In Behaviors Plugin 0.5.3 for Jira 5.1.8, I am unable to make reporter field as Read-Only?

Renuka Patil January 13, 2013

Hi All,

I am upgrading my Jira from 4.3.2 to 5.1.8. I have my reporter field as read-only field for couple of transitions.

I wanted to make this reporter field as read-only in Jira 5.1.8 also. But when I install compatible version for Jira 5.1.8 i.e. Behaviour Plugin 0.5.3. then reporter field or any other user picker is not made as read-only.

This is a Bug for Behaviour Plugin. Can anyone please tell me the workaround for this?

Any help will be appreciable...

Thanks in Advance.

Renu

2 answers

1 vote
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

What i would suggest you is write a groovy script which will add a helptext to the reporter field using setHelpText(String helptext). the help text will be the below javascript . You will need to escape it as a string :) like this you can make the field readonly only on transitions you want

<script type="text/javascript"> AJS.$(document).ready(function(){ AJS.$("#reporter-field").attr("disabled",true);});</script>

Hope this helps

Renuka Patil January 22, 2013

Hi Mizan,

Thanks for replying.

I checked your script but sometimes it is not working.For some screen it is hiding reporter field.

Can you please tell why it is happening? & I want this for some transitions if I apply it on description it will be applied globally.

Thanks & Regards,

Renu

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

You've already reported this as https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JBHV-184 ... ?

Reporting it in multiple places is not going to make me look at it any faster.

Renuka Patil January 14, 2013

Hi Jamie,

I know that you can not look into it faster. but I just wanted some workaround if anyone else knows it that is why I put this on the answers.

Because my client wants immediate solution for this.

If you could suggest any solution for this then it would be great for me.

Thanks & Regards,

Renu

Suggest an answer