In Active Sprint View, Can I filter by story/task label?

Heather Palazzo October 16, 2017

It would be helpful to see all/only stories/tasks for one particular label (in this case we are using labels for internal projects). 

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

Hi Heather

You can create either Quick Filters or Swimlanes with the following JQL :

All - labels=yourLabel

Stories - labels=yourLabel AND type=Story

Tasks - labels=yourLabel AND type=Task

Heather Palazzo October 16, 2017

Thank you. I am going to play with this. 

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

The bold bits above are the JQL statements. Let's assume you want a Quick Filter. From the board, click on the ellipsis in the top right hand corner (assuming you have the cloud version or newer server version) and choose Board settings, then choose Quick Filters. There are 3 boxes to fill in :

• Name is what shows in the list of filters (just a descriptive few words)
  • In the JQL box, labels=yourLabel, where yourLabel is the label that you're interested in. It doesn't require quote marks and should appear in the list as you type it (also it is case-sensitive)
  • Description is a wordier description

Click on Add, then go back to the board to use it

Similarly if you want to filter on stories with a specific label, do as above with the JQL I listed higher up

Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 17, 2017

Hi @Heather Palazzo,

If you’re on JIRA server you can use our plugin Agile Board Filter.

You'll be able to filter out the board or backlog on the fly without having to create Quick Filters.

Additionally you'll be able to create Private Quick Filters to predefine „taskType & label” sets,

and these will be only visible to you.

Cheers

Przemyslaw

Suggest an answer