In Active Sprint View, Can I filter by story/task label?

It would be helpful to see all/only stories/tasks for one particular label (in this case we are using labels for internal projects). 

1 answer

0 votes
Warren Levy Community Champion Oct 16, 2017

Hi Heather

You can create either Quick Filters or Swimlanes with the following JQL :

All - labels=yourLabel

Stories - labels=yourLabel AND type=Story

Tasks - labels=yourLabel AND type=Task

Thank you. I am going to play with this. 

Warren Levy Community Champion Oct 16, 2017

The bold bits above are the JQL statements. Let's assume you want a Quick Filter. From the board, click on the ellipsis in the top right hand corner (assuming you have the cloud version or newer server version) and choose Board settings, then choose Quick Filters. There are 3 boxes to fill in :

• Name is what shows in the list of filters (just a descriptive few words)
  • In the JQL box, labels=yourLabel, where yourLabel is the label that you're interested in. It doesn't require quote marks and should appear in the list as you type it (also it is case-sensitive)
  • Description is a wordier description

Click on Add, then go back to the board to use it

Similarly if you want to filter on stories with a specific label, do as above with the JQL I listed higher up

Hi @Heather Palazzo,

If you’re on JIRA server you can use our plugin Agile Board Filter.

You'll be able to filter out the board or backlog on the fly without having to create Quick Filters.

Additionally you'll be able to create Private Quick Filters to predefine „taskType & label” sets,

and these will be only visible to you.

Cheers

Przemyslaw

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26,781 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you