Impossible to change Jira language

Valerie Mejsnarova May 4, 2022

bug langue.png

I would like to change my Jira Cloud language to English but I get this error message when I try to modify it in my user settings.

I've already tried to change my browser language but it still does not work.

What can I do ?

3 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2022

Hi @Valerie Mejsnarova 

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I want to make sure that you are using the correct location here.  The page you should be navigating to is

https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/account-preferences

On that page you should be able to set your language preference and then have those options affect all Jira Cloud sites that account uses.  I can see you have received a previous error here.  But so far I cannot find a clear reason why this might be happening.

What browser are you using here?  I'd recommend trying to use the latest versions of either Chrome of Firefox.  If this problem continues, try using an incognito mode of Chrome, this can sometimes help because if there 3rd party browser extensions at play here, incognito mode can sometimes load a new browser session that does not have these extensions or your cookies and browser cache to effect this.

Try these steps and let me know if this helps.

Andy

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

Hi @Valerie Mejsnarova welcome to the Atlassian community.

In addition to @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ reply, I would request you to clear the browser cache, cookies, restart he browser and log out/ re-login.

Post the steps, you may check this documentation. If none works, then reaching the Atlassian support will be the only best option.

Unfortunately, still doesn't work... I reach the support then !

Like G subramanyam likes this
0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

Hi @Valerie Mejsnarova ,

please specify where you trying to do that (at user preference level, at instance level, at jira service management level)

Fabio

It is as user preference level. (Account parameters)

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

I just tried on my Atlassian Account profile and it works like a charm. Please could you try to do the same operation using another browser?

I have already tried with Firefox, Chrome and Edge. Always the same error..

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2022

Please raise a ticket to https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer