Importing new Parent/Child links for existing issues

Frank Hamersley June 8, 2021

In the JIRA documentation ...

Sample 2 : Importing links to existing issues

The previous way does not work for this situation, it should to be imported from SystemExternal System Import.

I have not found these menu(s) options presented to a Project Administrator (Jira v8.5.6)!

Q1. Are additional user permissions required to access this capability?

Q2. If so are these system wide and unlikely to be granted in a large enterprise setting?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

Hello @Frank Hamersley 

Welcome to the community.

The System menu is an access point for overall JIRA instance administration functions. You must be a JIRA Administrator to have access to that menu. Given that level of access gives you access to all the overarching administration functions for the JIRA system it is unlikely that level of access is going to be granted to very many people in a large enterprise.

Frank Hamersley June 10, 2021

Capiche ... much as I expected :-(.

This capability really needs to be carved out and permissioned to Project/Board Administrators so they can manage matters at the local level.  Having it only at the universe Admin level practically means it is dead code in an enterprise context.

That in turn means I need to get Link Importing working at the time of creating backlog Issues ... a topic for another question!

Suggest an answer