Importing issues from csv file removes all the issue Description.

Julien April 17, 2013

Need help: whenever I import issues using csv file from another JIRA instance, the resulting issues in my instance have no issue description. I have read everything I could and found no answer...

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Hi Julien, maybe the CSV it's not well configured.

Check this section on the document about the separators:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+Data+from+CSV#ImportingDatafromCSV-PreparingyourCSVfile

Julien April 17, 2013

Thanks for the tip Ramiro, the description is pretty long so could be that items spanning several lines need those " " on each side. By any chance do you know how to add these characters as a bulk to a column? There are 200+ issues in there...

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

When I did my import starting with JIRA I did a query on my previous system database with all the fields I needed and the results I export to excel as a CSV file using PLSQL, it was pretty easy. Only needed to do a good query and I even named every column of my result as the name of the Jira field :D

Suggest an answer