It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Importing from Standalone with Crowd to On Demand

I've got a stand alone install with Jira, running of a crowd directory;

External directory 'Crowd Server' is not supported

I've done the back ups and imported to the live server but the above is the error message i get, how can i import without screwing up my local install? We'd like to just migrate to the on demand but if this is going to be a problem importing from a jira setup that has crowd we'll stick with hosted.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

This should be no problem, but you are going to need us (support) to do the crowd import for you. If you take an export of your crowd data and attach it to a support request , we will import your user info into your OnDemand instance. The error message is correct as an external crowd server is not supported (aka it is embedded into JIRA / OnDemand now).

It sounds like you have already imported all your data into your OnDemand instance, and, if so, once we import the Crowd backup, your OnDemand instance will be live and ready to use. If your JIRA data has not yet been copied over, it will be ready for you to copy everything over.

Ok great, could you point me to something that could help me know what crowd data i need to export?

Is it as simple as once you've done that and imported crowd data, i can just reupload all my user data and import? and it should work?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+Users

The import of your JIRA data should go smoothly (crowd is embedded in new versions of JIRA, so we are basically creating that for your instance) and if there are any issues along the way, we will work with you on them via the support ticket.

Ok great i logged it through a support under "minor", and attached the back up from crowd.

Blake - My extreme appologies - I attached the wrong link above (I corrected it). I saw your ticket come in with a .xml file attachment and realized I messed up. We can only import CSV files. I will update and comment further on your support ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you