Importing from CSV and mappting to a custom field

Claudine Rooney August 29, 2013

Hi All,

Is it possible to import from a CSV file to a project that has custom fields that are specific to that project only?

I've created a project will loads of custom fields and when I went to try and import the data from a CSV file the custom fields I had created didn't show up JIRA field. It says the custom fields must be "global to all projects." created but I only need these custom fields fo this specific project / client.

Is it best to create the custom fields at this stage too instead of at the adminstration / issue page?

Thanks

Claudine

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013

Hi Claudine,

yes it is possible. You need to make sure that your custom fields are in context with your project (they don't need to globally).

Is it best to create the custom fields at this stage too instead of at the adminstration / issue page?

I'm not sure what you mean here. Before you try to import those custom fields have to be created via admin section (gg + custom fields).

Hope I could help,

Udo

Suggest an answer