Importing from Bugzilla gives JDBC driver name error

Michael Furey August 15, 2013

Bugzilla verson 2.00 on MySQL, JIRA 6.0.6, MySQL-connector-java-gpl-5.1.26

Importing the data into SQL 2008 R2. This worked in earlier versions of JIRA (6.0.3).

You must specify a valid JDBC driver name for the connection to the database.

Error connecting to the database: JDBC driver class not found: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Any ideas on how I can get past this? Where can I correct the JDBC driver name since JIRA evidentally has specified it incorrectly by default? Or is this a bug in 6.0.6?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

Hi Michael,

You'll need to download the MySQL JDBC driver here:

- http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j

Drop it on the $JIRA_INST/lib directory, and then, restart JIRA after that. Probably the driver has been removed during the upgrade from 6.0.3 -> 6.0.6.

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

I'd be interested to know if _anyone_ has had success importing from Bugzilla into JIRA 6.0.6 using the latest recommended MySQL driver 5.1.26. We're even using an old version of Bugzilla, 2.0.

MySQL Workbench installed on the same server as JIRA connects to the Bugzilla MySQL instance and database without a problem, so it's not host/database/port/user/pw/remote access issues.

Thanks Lucas, however I did that to no avail before posting (note: MySQL version 5.1.26, which is the target of your link). And yes the MySQL driver is not included anymore due to Oracle engulfing MySQL and no longer providing license. Even tried the platform independent verson.

Previously the Bugzilla import worked with JIRA 6.0.3 and 6.0.5, using MySQL JDBC 5.1.25. I've uninstalled 6.0.6 and I'm trying to backpeddle back to that combination.

0 votes
pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2013

Hello Michael,

I tested Jira 6.0.6 with Bugzilla 2.22 running on MySQL and I couldn't find any errors - all data was imported successfully. In your case I still think that JIRA cannot find a proper MySQL driver. Please check if you have installed driver correctly. You can find some helpful information in our documentation (Section 2):

- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA060/Connecting+JIRA+to+MySQL

Best Regards,

Przemysław Borkowski

Suggest an answer