Importing data from "FogBugz For Your Server" to "JIRA OnDemand"

Michael Lee July 26, 2012

I am currently trying to import data from my existing "FogBugz For Your Server" v8.7.58.0 to my "JIRA OnDemand" instance. As far as I know, "JIRA OnDemand" does not support the "FogBugz For Your Server" import (Only "FogBugz OnDemand"), nor does it allow you to install the "JIRA Importers Plugin" to allow this capability.

My current workaround is to download the FogBugz data to a .CSV file and then import this to my JIRA OnDemand instance. However, much of the project mappings and details are lost this way, which will require a lot of manual labor to "re-sync".

Is there an easier way to accomplish this, or am I missing the boat on existing JIRA functionality?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2012

Hi Mike,

I think the best way for you to do this would be to setup a local instance of JIRA, import your Fogbugz data and then re-export the data in XML format ready to import into OnDemand. This would ensure you could use the JIRA Importers Plugin to prepare the mapping of your data and ensure that everything is correct in the local instance before importing the finished product into OnDemand using the XML import facility to restore the data.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer