Importing data from Oracle

Kevin Needs August 12, 2013

We are looking to use JIRA to replace a UDBA that we have within our company. Doing so would require JIRA to connect to some Oracle DB's and then populate data such as the agents manager etc.

My question is I see that you can connect to your oracle tables, but will you be able to query, or have this information populate? Does anyone have any experience with setting a similar instance up?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

My question is I see that you can connect to your oracle tables, but will you be able to query, or have this information populate?

I believe that you are looking to import data from your old issue tracker into JIRA. You can either export your data into a CSV file and then import it into JIRA or create a custom importer.

0 votes
Kevin Needs August 12, 2013

Thanks for the reply Tim. I am actually looking to have information fed into our form. For instance, our current app populates the agents supervisor and manager by htting the HR table once the agent is selected.We are looking to do that as well as some other functions.

Do you have any experience with that?

Suggest an answer