Importing certificates to jira

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

HI

I have recently installed certificates using portecles on my test jira instance.

I got the CA reply from the authorities, imported all the certificates one by one into the jira.jks file and referenced the jira.jks file on the server.xml and it worked.

My question is

Can i simply copy over the jira.jks file from my test instance to my production instance? OR

do i need to do the CA certificate import again on my production server.

PS: Both my test and production have the same domain name, and the certificate was generated using wild card i.e. *.abc.com (and abc.comis common on both test and prod jira instance)

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

I'd prefer to redo the process again. Not only does it make sure you are doign it right, it burns the process into your memory.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

Hi Rahul,

you should import again your certificate on your prod server because your prod jdk need to recognize the certicate as trusted.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer