Importing cases from Trac

Mike Stevens December 22, 2014

I'm new to Jira, and have the basic installation working.  I'd like to import our existing cases from Trac, to Jira.  I've read the page about 'Importing Data from Trac', and I'm assuming that this won't run perfectly the first time.

I've created a new project for the old Trac cases.  If I run the importer, and I need to make some changes can I simply delete the project, which would roll back Jira to the state it was in before the import?  What is the  best way to handle the development phase of  importing from Trac to Jira?  

2 answers

0 votes
Justin Justin December 24, 2014

Happy to help you/coach you through the process. We have helped customers with this migration (referenceable customers). Email info@appfusions.com 

If this is a new JIRA, I guess that the usernames will simple roll into the new JIRA system and no user DB merge considerations. That is a good thing.. a bit easier for you/good blessing.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2014

It's not quite a "revert", but it will do what you need, in that the project and issues will all vanish, cleanly and safely

I would test your import process on a dev/test JIRA installation though.  If you've got a commercial licence for 25+ users, you've got a dev licence you can use for this, or you can use an evaluation licence.

Suggest an answer