Importing attachments from JIRA Cloud to JIRA Server

Michael Voronkov March 13, 2016

We are on-boarding a sister company and I need to migrate their projects (over 20K of issues) from JIRA Cloud (v7.2) into our JIRA self-hosted JIRA Server (v6.3)

They really want to migrate all attachments 

Help needed:

1. Is there a way to import attachments?
  2. Is CSV the only and the best way for this import?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

4 answers

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2017

I am planning to write a python script, wherein the newly imported issues carry their original issueKey in an custom field and the script would copy the attachment based on the original issues key from the source instance and attach the attachment file to the new issue in the target instance.

0 votes
Michael Voronkov February 28, 2017

We ended up writing a C# program to attach files through JIRA APIs

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2017

I am facing a similar situation, Did you manage to find a way out of it?

0 votes
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2016
Michael Voronkov March 14, 2016

Thanks Elifcan.  The above instructions imply direct access to OnDemand Database, which is not allowed: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/restricted-functions-in-atlassian-cloud-apps-744721664.html

Suggest an answer