Importing attachments from JIRA Cloud to JIRA Server

We are on-boarding a sister company and I need to migrate their projects (over 20K of issues) from JIRA Cloud (v7.2) into our JIRA self-hosted JIRA Server (v6.3)

They really want to migrate all attachments 

Help needed:

1. Is there a way to import attachments?
  2. Is CSV the only and the best way for this import?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

4 answers

Thanks Elifcan.  The above instructions imply direct access to OnDemand Database, which is not allowed: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/restricted-functions-in-atlassian-cloud-apps-744721664.html

0 vote
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Feb 28, 2017

I am facing a similar situation, Did you manage to find a way out of it?

We ended up writing a C# program to attach files through JIRA APIs

0 vote
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Feb 28, 2017

I am planning to write a python script, wherein the newly imported issues carry their original issueKey in an custom field and the script would copy the attachment based on the original issues key from the source instance and attach the attachment file to the new issue in the target instance.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

475 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you