Importing attachments from CSV

julian bankston September 3, 2012

I am trying to import attachements from a csv file exported from Redmine. I used concat in my sql query to insert the correct url of the attachments. When I use the CSV importer it gives me a 404 error saying it cannot download the attachments.

#CONCAT('http://redmine.localdomain/', attachment_files.disk_filename)  AS attachments,

I am also trying to import all documents from Redmine into Jira. Can someone provide some insight into that process as well? Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pawel Niewiadomski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

Well, if you get HTTP/404 during import I guess the URL-s you produced are wrong.

Looking at the concat you used I guess attachment_files.disk_filename is relative to the installation directory of Redmine which may be totally different than the URL Redmine is available at.

What you need to produce is a correct URL that you can use in your browser to reach the file.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

You might consider using addAttachment from JIRA Command Line Interface

Ok. I have over 1800 attachments and they have subfolders as well. For example redmine.localdomain/200, redmine.localdomain/50, redmine.localdomain/700 etc. Would it be more efficient to just create a SQL script which imports all required fields into the fileattachment table in the Jira database? I can then set the file location and move the attachments over. Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2012

Don't do it with SQL, there's all sorts of hassle and risks around doing it that way. I'd highly recommend either correcting your paths as Pawel suggests, or using the CLI as Bob said.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the quick responses.

Suggest an answer