Importing a cloud backup into JIRA server stops without warnings

Brendan Andrews August 1, 2017

JIRA version 7.2.3 running on linux

The process commences and demonstrates progress before returning to the originating screen without completing or displaying any warning or error messages either on screen or i nthe log file. The last line in the log file is:

2017-08-02 13:33:50,767 JiraImportTaskExecutionThread-1 INFO firstname.surname 813x548x1 7ypqxo 168.217.144.189 /secure/admin/XmlRestore.jspa [c.a.j.bc.dataimport.DefaultDataImportService] Importing data is 20% complete...

2 answers

0 votes
carlos narros March 21, 2019

Exactly same problem when trying to import an export backup of jira cloud made this week and importing in a jira 8.0.2 (latest version) on a linux machine

Any hints of what is happening? on logs there are no clues...

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

Hello Brenden,

I ran into a similar issue few months back, few things are important here

1) Please make sure the cloud backup is for the "Server" version of JIRA and not for "cloud" version of jira.

2) JIRA cloud version are always latest versions, thus if you are trying to restore the backup on the server, make sure server is also the latest version i.e. 7.4 , if it's 7.2.3 then check if there is a compatibility matrix available or just check once with Atlassian support.

Brendan Andrews August 2, 2017

Thanks Tarun,

The export was for Server, yes. The ultimate aim here is migrating a project from a cloud instance to a server instance (including attachments). That instance is running 7.2.3.

I'll contact support and get their advice generally.

Suggest an answer