Importing Issues - Status is not reflecting. Always getting the default Status - Backlog

Kalpana Pugazhendi April 20, 2017

Hello,

While importing the old issues into Agile-JIRA via CSV, the status column is not getting reflected. I am getting the default status, Backlog after importing.

Rather I want the imported issues to have Closed Status. That is the column value I see if export an issue from Agile-JIRA. So expecting the same to happen during import too. But it is not working. Please help me with the right column value for the Status column for completed Issues. 

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2017

Assuming you have a "status" column in the CSV, how are you mapping the data in it?

Right. I am not able to map though. Status or similar mapping name is not available. Is there a way to configure it by ourselves?

Similarly, I have mapped the Assignee correctly and the values as, Lastname Firstname. It is also not working. Its kind of weird.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2017

Problem - when I try to import a simple CSV file with columns summary and status, I get offered status on the drop-down when mapping it.  The only way I can get it off the list is if I've already mapped it.

1 vote
ITPO Providers April 20, 2017

Hello, I am using JIRA 7.2.7, and I already had issues with this with 6.4

The workaround I do, I add a column "status" and instead of adding the word of the status, I add the status ID! Then it worked.

I hope it helps for you too.

Jordi

Ok, Jordi! Thanks for your suggestion. Will try that and let you know.

Nope. It still did not work for me!

Ian Francis June 26, 2019

The importer gives you the 'feeling' its going to import the fields correctly (shows CSV value and the target Jira value), but does not import. 

Status 
(imported as Custom Field Status)

I don't know if it is a clue but it seems to describe status as a custom field - rather than just as Status - as per in my case 'Summary' is being imported:

Summary 
(imported as summary) 

I keep scrolling up and down the list  - cant see how I am choosing the wrong status - so I will try the ID approach above

Ian Francis June 26, 2019

OK, I found the problem I was having.  We have a custom field 'Status' (hmmpf), so when I set up my config file for import I must have selected that by accident.  When you do so, the other 'Status' was being hidden from selection so I couldn't correct it.  So I set the import field to map to another jira field, and then I could see both 'Status' options for mapping, this time choosing the right one! 

I clarified this by doing an export of the full data set and could see the 2 status fields with the wrong one being populated!

This solved my CSV status importing problem.  Along the way I also made sure the case of CSV and Jira values matched  

Suggest an answer