Importing Issues - Need to move the issues from Backlog

Kalpana Pugazhendi April 20, 2017

Hello,

Wanted to migrate some 700 issues from Pivotal Tracker to Agile-JIRA. Hence JIRA admin tried to import the issues via System - Import & Export Issues option which failed. Only 24 got imported out of 700. Hence I tried to import the remaining issues via Issues -> Import Issues from CSV option as do I no have the Permission to do via System option.

The problem is all those imported issues by me are in Backlog. I do not want them in Backlog as they are old and completed issues. I need to move all those issues from Backlog. Please help me with the steps to move the imported issues from Backlog.

Thanks in advance!!

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2017

Your boards backlog shows all the issues matching the board's filter that are not yet planned in to a sprint. You can find out the issues that you imported and exclude them from the board's filter.

Maybe you want to do that by setting some special values on those issues and then excluding it from the board's filter or by creating a dummy sprint, move the issues to that sprint and then complete that sprint.

I prefer the first approach since it won't leave unwanted sprint records.

Kalpana Pugazhendi April 20, 2017

Ok. Thanks for the suggestion! I will go with the first option too.

Suggest an answer