Importing Epic Name from CSV

newaters October 23, 2017

I have a CSV that describes a set of requirements for my project. I would like each requirement to eventually be an epic. I will later create stories under each to add granularity, tasks for validation, and so on.

I can validate and import my CSV correctly. However the CSV importer does not provide an option to import the issues as Epics, they are always Stories. Furthermore the epic name field is not populating. I do not mind doing a bulk change to convert the issues into epics after the import, that part is not the issue. The primary issue is I am not importing the epic name.

The format of the string is "PROJECTNAME REQ 1"

Is there a way to import the epic name after issue creation?

Is there a way to move a value from another field into the epic name as a bulk change?

It is not feasible for me to enter epic names manually due to the number of issues I am working with.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2017

Do you have a column for "issue type" in your CSV?  Are Epics valid in the project you are importing it into?

newaters October 23, 2017

Adding an issue type column to the CSV and mapping it to the issue type field did the trick!

Suggest an answer