Importing CSV causes error

John Di Ciurcio January 18, 2018

When user attempts to import a CSV file the following error is displayed:

An error occurred whilst rendering this message. Please contact the administrators, and inform them of this bug. Details: ------- org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getIssueTypes' in class com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.csv.web.CsvValueMappingsPage threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jim-plugin:actions//templates/admin/views/csv/csvValueMappingsPage.vm[line 101, column 51] at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIdentifier.execute(ASTIdentifier.java:223) at

Any ideas? Thanks.

14 answers

2 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2018

Hi, @Mark Sanders / @John Di Ciurcio

It looks like you are hitting into a bug in Jira when mapping the Issue Type field during the CSV import: JRACLOUD-68491. As a workaround please try removing the issue type from the mapping option. Alternatively, you can try importing the CSV using the Import to Jira Project option rather than mapping the project in the CSV (this should also work, we'll test this option and update the bug report accordingly if it does).

Cheers!

Omar Sood November 5, 2019

Is there any way to exclude entries from the import then, when importing to a specific project? To split multi project import is quite laborious.

0 votes
Johan Hultberg September 12, 2023

More than 5 years has passed and I still have this problem

0 votes
Hector Eduardo Calzada Tenorio May 24, 2022

The problem is with the language in the Issues. I had a task Issue Type in two languages and when importing that was the error because it updated from task to tarea (in spanish)

Work on homologating your Issues from your workflows so that they do not have this error or do not select the Issue Type of incident in "Map Field Value"

0 votes
Tabbish Noorani March 5, 2022

Hi guys. Try to change the name of the issue type and revert it back. This resolves the issue.

Jim Edgeton September 2, 2022

Hi @Tabbish Noorani can you provide more specifics to this workaround?

0 votes
Yash Doshi April 19, 2021

Still waiting for a resolution

Tabbish Noorani March 5, 2022

Hi @Yash Doshi. Try to change the name of the issue type and revert it back.

0 votes
Austin Powell April 6, 2021

I too have encountered this bug. Still no solution after 2 years?

0 votes
Jose_Ramirez January 13, 2020

Affected by this as well.

0 votes
Murugan Mittapalli January 10, 2020

I am having the same issue, getting an error when I map the issue type field.

Thank you.

0 votes
Omar Sood November 5, 2019

Any news on this one? The issue type mapping renderer is still broken

0 votes
Kevin Delord August 21, 2019

I am having this issue as well. The CSV importer gives a warning if no issue type is given.

0 votes
Ben Hunnicutt October 22, 2018

I selected the "JIRA Field" (Issue Type to Issue Type) but did not check the "Map Field Value"  I was updating start and due dates.  This worked for me.

0 votes
Ben Hunnicutt October 22, 2018

Facing the same issue now.  Bug not fixed.

0 votes
Katie June 22, 2018

This bug ha not been fixed. Facing the same issue now.

0 votes
Mark Sanders March 1, 2018

I'm facing the very same issue right now. Did you find a solution?

Suggest an answer