Imported tickets don't show in the portal for the user

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2016

I have gone live recently with JSD and found that the tickets I imported from our previous system (Spiceworks) do not show up in the portal. Example: I have a user Michelle that happens to have say 6 tickets open in the system thru import. If she goes to the portal the "Requests" in upper right corner show no tickets. However, if she opens a new ticket then they will be tracked under Requests. Is this simply a limitation of JIRA import a bug or something I did not properly consider during the import. As an aside but likely related, if I comment in an imported ticket or "Respond to customer" the comment or Generic Event do not result in a notification to the requestor.

I'm hoping there is something that can be done on these two issues.

Update (23/Sep/16 9:39am CST) - regarding second issue I have found at least one case where it appears a user did receive the notifications. More as I figure it out.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2016

In Service Desk you create Request Forms allowing your customers to create issues through the Customer Portal. If you have set up these forms yourself, you will have noticed that each request form (or request type) had to be associated with a JIRA Issue Type.

When importing issues from an external system, the request type will not be filled out automatically. And so, the issues are not associated with the forms on the customer portal and will not be shown to the customers.

You can update the issues in bulk, though. As an example, select all issues in your Service Desk project having issue type "Incident" (Project = "My Service Desk" AND Issuetype = Incident). To make sure you only update issues that haven't got the request type filled out, you could extend your JQL to make sure you only update the faulty issues like this:

(Project = "My Service Desk" AND Issuetype = Incident AND "Customer Request Type" is EMPTY)

Perform a bulk update and set the value of the "Customer Request Type" field to the correct Request Type. That should open up your issues on the customer portal.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2016

Thanks Walter! This seems to have worked. At least I think it has. One person reported that they didn't see any old tickets but I'm suspicious of that report or it is likely a different issue.

0 votes
Prasanna December 2, 2019

Hi Atlassian team

I am also having the same issues, imported records are not listing in portal , though they have  been added in request participant. Any solutions  or workaround

thx

Suggest an answer