• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Imported project, can't see issues on a fresh install

Hi,

I just imported a project from my OnDemand backup, it all went well but I couldn't see the issues. I'm in the jira-administrators group so I can see every issues. Why is this happening?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

> I'm in the jira-administrators group so I can see every issues

Actually, that doesn't really follow - I'm an admin on several systems, but can't see most of the issues because I'm not in the right groups. (Of course, I can put myself in them, but admin does not, and definitely should not, give you access to everything)

Are you using the same account locally as you did on OnDemand? Have you checked the permissions schemes (which may include "admins can browse project")?

You are so right. Thank you! It was because OnDemand groups are administrators, developers, users and Download's ones are jira-administrators, jira-developers, jira-users. So I re-added the groups in the right roles and now it's alright!

Ahh, good, I thought it might be - the last time I saw an imported system with access problems, it was down to the user accounts not matching exactly, not quite what you had, but related!

0 votes

> I'm in the jira-administrators group so I can see every issues

Actually, that doesn't really follow - I'm an admin on several systems, but can't see most of the issues because I'm not in the right groups. (Of course, I can put myself in them, but admin does not, and definitely should not, give you access to everything)

Are you using the same account locally as you did on OnDemand? Have you checked the permissions schemes (which may include "admins can browse project")?

In my case I was project Admin, but I could not see any Issues until I re-indexed ( Settings / System / Advanced / Indexing / Re-index ).

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you