Import worklog to moved issues

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2017

Hi there,

i tested the CSV import for worklogs in our testing environment and i saw that it gives you problems when importing to an issue that got moved.

i.e. in your CSV you got an entry for issue ABC-123 but the issue got moved in the meantime to XYZ-789. The importer won't give you any errors but afterwards the issue is not in the system anymore. JIRA will give you the "issue can not be viewed right now" screen.

Does anybody know about this behaviour or where the issue goes to?

Cheers,

Alex

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2017

Alexander,

Jira tracks the changes on all the fields, including the issue key, maybe you can do a script to update/resolve the issue keys of that list and then do the import.

If you try to access the issue page with an old issue key, jira redirects to the new issue key.

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2017

Hi Gaston,

that would be a possibility to avoid the import on an "old" issue key.

At the moment i can't find the issue I imported the worklog for neither with the old issue key nor with the new one.

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2017

Can you query the database directly to see what happened?

If the issue was at jira, it should be a record somewhere.

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2017

it seems that the project changes to the old one when the import is done but issuenum stays the same. Worst case is that an existing issue is overwritten, what happenend in this case and so the issue can not be opened any more.

Moved issue before import

before.JPG

before.JPG

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2017

issue after import (project changed)

after.JPG

Suggest an answer