Import to jira-cloud

Diomede Illuzzi November 28, 2014

I have some project currently managed through JIRA on a dedicated server in my company intranet. The company is moving the IT infrastructure to the cloud, but I was thinking rather to purchase a cloud license.

In that case i should export the tickets from the running projects to the system hosted on your cloud, but I would like the tickets to appear exactly as they are now.

Is there a well - known export/import procedure to follow, and is there any risk to lose information with that export/import procedure?

May I try this procedure within a trial?

Also, I should configure the cloud instance in order to authenticate some of our accounts against our internal ActiveDirectory server (LDAP). Is that feasible?

1 answer

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2014

Hi Diomede, 

Yes, you can sign up for an evaluation licence for Cloud application via My Atlassian (under Atlassian OnDemand).

Also, the routine to migrate data from Server to Cloud is as follows:

1. Update your JIRA Server to the latest version (6.3.10)
  2. Subscribe to a Cloud/OnDemand instance
  3. On your JIRA Server, generate the backup file (via Backup Manager is easier)
  4. Upload this file to your new Cloud/OnDemand instance webdav
  5. On your new JIRA Cloud, run JIRA Import (it will perform a full import)
  6. Verify if issues, attachments and users were imported. 
    And it should be all set! With no data lost. smile

If you'd like, this article has more details about each step: Migrating from JIRA Server to JIRA Cloud.

About your LDAP, Cloud applications does not support any External user management. For more information about it, you can visit: Restricted Functions in Atlassian OnDemand.

Please let us know if this answers your question or if you need further assistance.

Cheers! smile

Suggest an answer