Import to JIRA

M. Haezeleer July 7, 2016

Hello everyone,

I am toally new to JIRA. So far I worked with some other bug/issue trackers. I am interested in moving to JIRA. Regarding this move I need some informations and have some questions:

1. Is it possible to create projects via a CSV file import in JIRA? (Is it possible to create and fill a project with issues by a single import?)
  2. If not, this means I have to create the projects before i can import issues into them. Is it therefore possible to create multiple projects at once? (There are many projects and many issues to be moved.)

best regards,

M.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2016

Hello M, 

1) Yes it is possible to create projects on import. You need to add a couple of extra columns to your CSV file. In order to create the projects on import, you must define the "project name", "project key", and "project type". You must specify project type as either "business", "software", or "service_desk" in your CSV. Once you go to do the import, choose the "Defined in CSV" option for the project setting. 

If you look here, it will give you detailed information about how to make use of the importer.  

All of this information is for JIRA versions 7.0+.

Good luck, 

Kian 

0 votes
M. Haezeleer July 7, 2016

Thank you very much Kian,

I even searched in the documentation, but i was too blind laugh

best regards.

Suggest an answer