We have two JIRA instances. In one instance we have a Project "x" which contains custom fields. I am trying to import this Project onto another instance. Now, the Project import works out fine, but the custom fields I had in Project "x" seemed to have not been copied onto this instance.
Question is :
1) Doesn't importing Project between instances should create/copy the non existing custom fields in the other instance?
2) Do we have to manually create all the custom fields in the other instance before we import? We have lot of custom fields created in one instance.
3) Is there any work around?
Below is the sample of the error.
1. No, the project import assumes that you've set up all of the structure the project needs.
2. Yes, you need to create everything
3. Not off-the-shelf. But have a look at the Botron configuration manager, which is designed for this sort of config migration - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.botronsoft.jira.configurationmanager
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs