Import issues from CSV (Bulk import)

Frank Demuynck January 19, 2018

Import issues from CSV

Import of parent id doesn't work anymore? It worked before

2 answers

0 votes
Benedict Barrow July 8, 2020

This false error in the validator persists and the link to the ticket above doesn't work... Is there any update on this?

Vaibhav Thakkar August 4, 2021

I am facing the same issue from past 3 days now. Have searched so many threads and tried all those threads suggestions without any result.

Some are saying it is just a validation error but it is not. Even if we ignore and continue to import the subtasks they are not getting created. Only the main epic gets created.

Seriously need a solution for this !!

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2018

Hi Frank,

• Is this Cloud or Server?
  • What version of JIRA are you running?
  • Did you upgrade recently?
  • Where did the CSV data come from?
  • Do you get an error when you try to import?

Let me know the answer to the above questions and take a screenshot of any errors you see.

If you are using JIRA Cloud there is a known issue on JAC titled The non-admin CSV Importer "Validate" feature returns a false error when importing Parent/Sub-task issues where the following error is shown:

The validation process has found 1 error/s
- Fatal error during import: Parent Issue cannot be null

If you are on Cloud and seeing that particular error please vote on JST-353921 to add impact and you'll be notified when a fix is found.

If you are on Server, please provide the screenshot and any snippets from the logs that you can find in relation to this error.

Cheers,

Branden

Frank Demuynck January 26, 2018

I'm using the cloud verions.

I have admin rights

I can't vote in the issue JST-353921 (link doesn't go to the issue)

I'm use the import functionality sinds a year (it worked well until the end of december). So i think the CSV is ok

Underneath you find my CSV Content (example) and screenshot of the error (after validation)

project,Order,bestel,composedproduct,IssueType,IssueID,ParentID,Summary,blocks,Assignee,Reporter,Component,Description,Comment,OriginalEstimate,DueDate
WIBEMA,Nanobeam AC,1,,Task,1,,Controle bestelling - Ubiquiti NanoBeam 5AC 16db (2 Stuk - SNETWNBE-5AC-16),,wout,Frank,1231,,,18000,12-19-2017
WIBEMA,Nanobeam AC,,,Sub-task,101,1,Bestellen - Ubiquiti NanoBeam 5AC 16db (2 Stuk - SNETWNBE-5AC-16),,Pieter,Frank,1231,,,54000,12-05-2017

ValidationError.png

Suggest an answer