Import issue from CSV not in the default workflow

MarcoC December 17, 2012

Hi everybody!

I have a question about importing from CSV.

I have a CSV file with my issues with different fields (ProjectName, ProjectKey, Summary, Description, Status, Assignee, ...) and I want to import it.

All the csv file is well-format for Jira.

When I start to import, Jira gives me an error.

I understand that the error is caused by the different name of the Status that I have in my issue and that I have in my csv.

When Jira starts to import, it create a new project with ProjectName and ProjectKey take from the csv, and it set the Default Workflow (Open, Close, Reopen...). My status in the csv are differents (Receive, Approved, Need more info, Development,...).

What can I do to set that when I import a csv file in Jira, it have to create a new project with MY Workflow???

I tried to: create the project, set MY workflow and after import the issue from the csv. There is a problem doing this, because in the Project Home, where I can see the "30 days summary" between created and resolved issues, the number of the issue created is 0.

Any suggestions???

Regards,

Marco

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2012

I think you've already spotted that you need to have your workflow in place in the project before doing the import - it won't create the workflow for you, and nor will it set your workflow up in the project.

For the 30-day-summary problem, first look at the "created" date for your issues, checking that they all fall in the last 30 days, and secondly, I'd try re-indexing to see if that helps.

MarcoC January 6, 2013

Thank you!

Marco

Suggest an answer