Import from Mantis

Francesco Salonia November 4, 2014

I have a 6.2.6 version of JIRA and I need to import records from Mantis.

The guide tells that "version 4.2 or later of the JIRA Importers plugin is compatible with Mantis versions 1.1.8 to 1.2.8", but I can't find it in > System > Import & Export > External System Import 

Do you have any idea why?

Thank you very much 

2 answers

0 votes
Francesco Salonia November 5, 2014

Thank you Luciano,

I belive I have the permission needed to navigate in > System > Import & Export > External System Import.
But once I get there I see a serie of wizards relative to different tools (FogBugs, Pivotal Tracker, Trac, GitHub, Bitbucket, Redmine, JSON) among which I can't find Mantis.

Do you know how's that?

Thanks a lot again

Francesco 

Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2014

Whats the JIRA version that you're using and JIM (JIRA Importers Plugin)? In addition, are you able to open the following URL on your end? http://your_server_ip/secure/admin/ImporterSetupPage!default.jspa?externalSystem=com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-plugin:mantisImporter

Francesco Salonia November 5, 2014

The version of Jira I am using should be 6.4-OD-09-005, while the JIM version should be 6.2.6. And no, the browser says the page is not available. Does it mean that I don't have the necessary Admin permission?

Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2014

Francesco, unfortunately JIRA ondemand doesn't support to import data from Mantis, that would be available only for the downloaded version of JIRA. As a work-around you could export your mantis data to a cvs file and then import it using on-demand or you could install JIRA into a local machine, import the data from mantis and then import the XML backup from the local machine into the On Demand version.

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
November 5, 2014

Francesco,

I suspect that you don't have JIRA SYSTEM Admin permission hence the reason you're not able to find  > System > Import & Export > External System Import. Please find below our documentation on how to provide System Admin rights.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions

Hope it helps!

Cheers!

Luciano

Suggest an answer